Saturday, July 15, 2017

Dear Diary (Week 9),

Don't tell me boys will be boys. Because boys should aspire to be more. Women deserve a man. I, a woman am sick of getting involved with boys. I'm sick of dealing with cowards, who don't know what they want and choose to string me along. I'm sick of dealing with cowards who refuse to deal with adult situations and choose to run away. I'm sick of dealing with men who refuse to better themselves and choose to act like boys.

I can psychoanalyze these guys and link their behavior to "mommy issues" but I don't want to. Adults make choices and should be held responsible (generally speaking), whatever their experience. My negative experiences with men don't give me the right either to mistreat other men. A boy's bad behavior can be excused sometimes as he is learning how to behave but the man should already know.

I'm so sick of trying to let go and move on from bad experiences with men. I'm so sick of the lack of closure I so often experience. And I'm so sick of standing up and opening up to new experiences, despite what I've been through, only to be pushed back down again. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fighter. I face obstacles and persevere. I'm not giving up on finding that man who will lift me up for once. I'm just impatient to trade in a boy for a man.

Boys can be boys but not forever. At one point boys must grow up. Additionally, a boy's behavior should not be excused merely because he is a boy. Instead, we must teach our boys to behave properly because one day, when they grow up, they will be dating our daughters and fathering children. Our boys imitate our men. Men (and women) must model appropriate behavior. But men who keep behaving like boys can't be good role models. By the way, why is there no such saying: girls will be girls?

Love,
Faigy

No comments: