Sunday, December 24, 2017

Dear Diary (Week 32),

I accept myself the way I am. I don’t need a man to be happy. But I need a man to feel complete. I wish I wasn’t so consumed with finding love but it’s always on my mind. It’s difficult not to think about how I’m single when I feel like a huge part of my life is missing. It’s difficult enjoying singlehood when  I’ve been single for too long. It’s difficult finding satisfaction as a single woman when time flies by leaving me to wonder how much longer I have to wait.

I don’t love myself because I know I’m still growing and I can and will become so much more. I have changed so much for the better and I continue to challenge myself regularly because that’s what life is about. Despite not loving myself yet, I have grown so much more confident. I enjoy spending time on my own but not for too long, otherwise, I feel restless. Besides, I’ve enjoyed my own company for too long. It’s time I met someone else who enjoys my company and vice-versa.

I’m trying to find meaning in my present situation. I’m grateful for what I have and the wonderful people in my life. Yet, I always look towards the future and hope to improve my situation. I’m also impatient for fate to play its part in ameliorating my life. There’s nothing that equals love or that can replace it. I will keep on focusing on the good in my life but I will always wait for love to fill the void in my being. Love is an important piece of my life that’s missing. While I manage without it, I’m left feeling incomplete. 

Love,
Faigy

No comments: