Sunday, April 30, 2017

Not Desperate But In Need

I'm not needy but I'm in need. In need to be with someone who accepts me, otherwise I'll feel misunderstood. In need to be with someone who provides me with a safe space to express my feelings and thoughts, otherwise I'll feel empty. And I need to be with someone who won't just give up on me when there's a little problem, otherwise I'll be back to square one.

I'm not desperate but I desire. Desire shields me from loneliness. Loneliness clouds my thoughts and invades my happiness. Desire also keeps me from giving up on love. It fills my heart with warmth and my mind with positivity. Positivity gives me the courage to persist. 

I'm not desperate, I'm just disappointed. Disappointed with some decisions I've made and with some things that were out of my control. I'm capable of being in a happy, healthy relationship but incapable of finding it, at least for now. Frankly, I don't even know what "it" is. Will I immediately know when I find "it"? Or will "it" reveal itself to me with time?

I'm not desperate but in need. In need of finding someone who accepts me, provides me with a safe space to express my feelings and thoughts and someone who's courageous enough to stand by me through the storms. Loneliness is a sad thing but what's sadder is giving up on love. My disappointment in my lack of success at love is what drives me to go on. The rest is up to fate...

No comments: