Friday, July 29, 2016

“Sorry” Is Not Necessary for Closure

Isn’t it really annoying when guys won’t say “sorry” after they’ve wronged you? I used to think that if only I reasoned with them, they would get on their hands and knees and beg to get me back…Ok, not quite like that but I thought that it was at least important that guys realize they hurt me. For example, if a guy plays me by acting interested for a while and then rejects me when I finally tell him I’m interested, I want the guy to apologize to me for humiliating me in such a manner.  Yet, in my experience men almost never apologize to me and if they do it’s questionable whether or not they mean it. Further, instead of apologizing to me guys tend to accuse me of being too sensitive, dramatic, always being angry with them, etc. Excuse me, I’m none of those things! I have a high moral standard and I expect the same from the men I date. I’m all about mutual respect in a relationship: I respect your feelings and needs and you respect mine. Seems simple and fair but I’m consistently being hurt by guys who can’t admit they were in the wrong or simply don’t even think so.


The fact that I’m a fixer doesn’t help. When there is a problem I want to solve it and move on, including when it comes to relationships. I’ve learned though that many guys who consistently hurt women don’t care about their feelings and that’s why they are able to do so without apologizing. To me when one person hurts someone else it’s common sense to apologize but not everyone sees it that way and that is a very tough life lesson that I’ve learnt. Thing is, it’s important to be able to move on, even without an apology. You can’t control what comes out of anyone’s mouth so don’t expect men to apologize. If you do you are only impeding yourself from moving past the difficult situation. It’s normal if you cringe every time you see that mean guy but you must control your emotions and not let them take over your entire being. The best thing that you can do for yourself is keep in mind that you deserve better than to harbour that hate inside you. Be strong, move on and be happy!  

No comments: